SN220 Problems on Mac

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SN220 Problems on Mac

I've been using an SS200 and opening it on a mac to run a custom script and snaptoolbelt, for example:

Code:
    snap network ping
    This works with the SS200, and not the SN220. The command gives this error with the SN220:

Code:
    blah, blah, blah
      File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/snapconnect/snap.py", line 1656, in open_serial
      File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/snapconnect/listeners.py", line 114, in __init__
      File "/Users/james/.virtualenvs/snap_env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/serialwrapper/PyserialDriver.py", line 176, in __init__
        self.setOutputType(outputType, port)
      File "/Users/james/.virtualenvs/snap_env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/serialwrapper/PyserialDriver.py", line 395, in setOutputType
        self.setupSerialDriver(port, blocking=blocking)
      File "/Users/james/.virtualenvs/snap_env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/serialwrapper/PyserialDriver.py", line 525, in setupSerialDriver
        raise SerialOpenException("An error occured while setting up the serial port: %s" % (str(ex)))
    serialwrapper.PyserialDriver.SerialOpenException: An error occured while setting up the serial port: Could not open device: Could not find port
    The port is visible from the command line.

Code:
    (snap_env) $ ls /dev/tty.usb*
    /dev/tty.usbserial-A600HH2Z
    In a related note, the SS200 does not appear in the list of devices anywhere I can find.

My script will start and open the SN220, but it does not see any of my nodes on the network. The SS200 can see all my nodes.

So in summary, I have two problems.

1) snaptoolbelt commands will not open SN220. It cannot find the port.
    2) My custom script will open the SN220, but the SN220 cannot see any of my nodes.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Working...
X