Direct connect via serial port to SM200

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct connect via serial port to SM200

I have a custom SM200 board. I brought out the UART1 pins, RX, TX, CTS and RTS.
    I jumper from these pins on the SM200 board to the SN171 proto board. I jumper to the corresponding UART1 pins per the schematic. I remove the RF200. Portal will not recognize the serial port at all. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if the module is totally dead. It was working fine until I uploaded code. So I think my code bricked it, but I have been able to recover other RF200 modules that plug into the SN171 board in the past. I was hoping this would work for the SM200 via jumpers.

Did you also jumper your board's ground to the SN171?

Can you detect the SM200 over the air?

If the problem is that the script is locking up the module, you're going to need some way of resetting it in order to use Portal's recovery features - perhaps by jumpering its /RESET pin to the SN171.

Comment

I did jumper the two board grounds. That is why I went down the path, the OTA is DOA!

So, hold it in Rest? I can try that!

Comment

How will the reset help?

Comment

The Portal recovery options (erase script and factory default params) require that you be able to reset the module when prompted to do so.

Comment

Ok, but at this point my connections will not even allow the serial port to be seen.

Comment

The recovery options don't use Portal's normal connection at all, you will be prompted for the port to use when you invoke them.

Comment

wiring diagram for protoboard to SM200
                Attached Files

Comment

Has anyone noticed reset issues with certain USB to Serial Adapters? I am unable to get my SN171 to reset.. powering J4 with 5V.

Comment

Working...
                  X