PDF Links broken

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDF Links broken

Links to many of your PDF manuals are broken. I am unable to download a recent SNAP Reference Manual, e.g.

http://forums.synapse-wireless.com/showthread.php?t=9

The above link opens to the down load page where I was able to open any document

Comment

Eric, thanks for the head's up.

I was able to open the links on our docs page and main website using my laptop (Windows with Chrome and Firefox) and from my iPhone (Safari).

Can you give a few details about your system and one or two links that you are having issue with? We'll track things down from there.
      sigpic
      Proven Solutions for the Internet of Things
      www.synapse-wireless.com

Comment

I had a similar problem, I clicked the links to the PDF files and nothing happened. The other (non-PDF) links work. Normally PDFs open in my browser. I am running Chrome on Windows 7 with the Foxit reader plugin.

I was able to obtain the PDF files by right-clicking the links and saving the files to my computer.

Comment

What about direct links to PDFs on other sites (the fact they are direct links is important)? Sounds like a browser plugin issue. Have you tried with a different browser?
          sigpic
          www.synapse-wireless.com

Comment

Normally direct links to PDFs open in my browser.

In Internet Explorer the link works but throws up an addin error before opening the PDF successfully (looks like some kind of DRM addin by the filename). In Firefox the PDF opens a download dialog instead of opening the document in the browser (normally a PDF document is opened in the browser in Firefox). I tried with a PDF from a different site and found inconsistent behaviour (it pops up the addin error box before opening normally in IE and Chrome, and opens normally in Firefox).

(same guy as previous poster)

Comment

FYI more than anything...

I did a quick test with WinXP and the latest Firefox (V12.0), Opera (V11.62) and IE (v8.0.6001) and it gave me the correct options (save or download or both depending on program).

Tried with both Full Acrobat and Reader X as the default program associated with PDFs.
              sigpic
              www.synapse-wireless.com

Comment

I can confirm that pdf files shown on this page are really not there.

It's only the pdf files though. I can download anything else just fine.

Can someone look into this?

Thanks!

Comment

jvoth, I just checked with Firefox and Opera and PDF links seem to work. Are you using Chrome on Windows 7 by any chance? Do you have adobe reader, full adobe, or use a 3rd party viewer? Any other major plugins installed?
                  sigpic
                  www.synapse-wireless.com

Comment

Chrome on W7-64 gives these results.

I just tried IE9 on W7-64 and it works.

It must be the forum software - vBulletin.

Comment

I actually see this issue as well with the PDF links on the manual page. I'm also running Chrome but under Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit.

It's just the links on the manual pages that has issues, PDF links on the http://www.synapse-wireless.com site work fine in Chrome.

Interestingly, I can right click on the links in Chrome and save the files fine.

Firefox on the same system doesn't have any problems opening the PDF links.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                      X